2020 Week 45 review (01-08 Nov)Sun Nov 08 2020
I'm reinstating the weekly review habit. See the previous blog posts for an explanation of the six different categories.
The six categories are:
- Side projects
As with last week, I'll rate each of the six categories on a four-point scale:
- Excellent (exceeding expectations: better than I could've asked for),
- Good (meets expectations: about as good as I could've asked for),
- So-so (some good, some bad --- OK overall, but room for improvement),
- Bad (didn't meet my expectations --- could have done better).
Review of the week
What should I be focusing on now?
So being good in my career is going to be my main goal when I successfully transfer. What about now in this limbo period? What do I do? I could take it as a break: just do whatever's fun.
What my goals are for next week
- Think and ask around for advice a lot about what I need to learn in order to become a better SWE
- Actually start doing proper work at IMDA
- Carry on meeting and video calling my friends