daily reportSun Apr 24 2016 ## daily report for 2016-04-24
Today I woke up at 7am to because I had to be at Ulu Pandan at 9am. In retrospect it wasn't necessary--I got in the car at 830 am and was there by 845.
After the lesson I took the bus to Bukit Timah, had duck rice for lunch, then gave my second lesson. She gave me $270 for the previous three lessons. Shiok.
I think I'll keep to this arrangement because it leaves my weekdays free and I don't have to go all the way to Tampines. It's great--I pull in a cool 170$ a day. That's $680 a month!
My mother actually has another lobang--this Sec 2 hwachong guy who wants to be taught maths--but 2 is good enough for me (although if i take him on, 260 a month is over 1k...shiok leh)
Programming wise, I was going to learn socket.io, but then I decided to start
with learning databases first. So I installed MongoDB and made a sign-up sheet.
It's obviously broken and totally unsafe but basically it sends a GET request of
your email, name and password (in plain text!!!); ExpressJS's router parses it
and adds it to the
users database in MongoDB.
This weekend has been pretty productive. I learned a lot of programming and luckily I've not been stuck with the config. This week I learned (the very basics of) the following:
- Terminal commands (can you believe I had no idea what pwd was?)
Lots of stuff! Next week I want to learn/do the following:
- Build an actual login page
- Learn socket.io and do a chat app or some simple game that uses websockets
- Keep up with my current commitments--these are:
- Complete the ACCA F1 textbook
- Learn how to play the complete song--critical, no more time left
- Keep going to the gym/swimming three times a week
Alright off to bed. 23:10 right now.